Register

Activating scoring

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Activating scoring

Postby info » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:30 am

I am trying to construct a quiz where users can either
(a) go through it at exam speed, using a button to move forward one slide once answered and get a score at the end , or havet he option to (b) go slower, getting the answer each time from a button using the "submit question". The latter works in the published menu, by recording ticks and crosses but no score is recorded. The former records nothing in the menu and does not keep score. This is doing my head in, as you can't have a quiz that can't tell you how you did!! I have tried every permutation of "submit score" for buttons and slide unloads, correct and incorrect answers etc and still can't make it work.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter

Site Admin

Re: Activating scoring

Postby James » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:18 pm

Peter,

Just confirming that you've reviewed the tutorials on the product already?

http://www.qarbon.com/help/viewletquiz/vquiz3.php

Please upload a sample .VIE file so we can see what you are doing.

James

User

Postby info » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:08 am

HI james

Yes have been through tutorials. Is there some way I can send you the .vie file that does not post it publicly on this board?

Site Admin

Postby James » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Peter,

Nice looking exam!

The SUBMIT QUESTION event is what needs to be used on each slide in order to have the results of that page calculated in the final score.

The SUBMIT SCORE event is ONLY used at the end (and only ONCE) to send the completed scores to the server. This will not submit the question scores.

The reason this event was created was to allow more control over sending the FINAL scores. The Viewlet will automatically send the scores
at the end of the last slide without having to add this event to a button. Some people want to make sure that that scores are submitted before people
close the browser, so adding a SUBMIT SCORE event to the OnUnload tab of 2nd to last slide is common. Then you don't care about the last slide
having a Pause or extended time delays, etc.

James

User

Postby info » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:10 pm

That's great, thanks for the clarification.

I did have a secondary question about whether any customisation of the results table is possible in terms of its font size, overall size, content etc

Thanks again, great product and support.

Peter

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:25 am

Peter,

The results window is part of the Flash skin, but we do allow you to alter the text using the Language section of the
Viewlet properties, but if you want something completely different we would need to build it for you for a small
charge so it can be integrated into the skin.

James

Return to Discussions