Register

Quiz Flow

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Quiz Flow

Postby beren » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:23 pm

Hello,

I'm building a quiz in VB6. This is a true/false quiz. What I would like to happen is that the user gets the question and the radio buttons. When the user picks and answer and hits "submit" a message box should appear saying they got it right or wrong and giving them a bit more detail on the answer. I have this part working, but what I would also like to have is the slide pause until a "next" button is clicked. I'd like to have the "next" button also appear after the submit button is clicked.

Is there a way to do this?

tia,

beren

Site Admin

Re: Quiz Flow

Postby James » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:39 pm

Beren,

Yeah...like this

http://www.viewletcentral.com/vc/viewlet/329312492/

TF_Test.qvp
VB6 Enterprise Example
(56.13 KiB) Downloaded 308 times

TF_Test.vie
VQ3 Example
(56.13 KiB) Downloaded 337 times

James

User

Postby beren » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:52 pm

yeah - that's cool. How do I do that?

beren

Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:12 pm

Well...

First I added a navigation button to the slide by accessing the media library that ships with our product. Once I found
what I wanted to dragged it on the slide and positioned it in the lower right.

slide5.png
Image Library / Browser View

slide1.png
The Slide View

I then added an event OnClick Play to the button using the lightening bolt icon.
bolt.png
Event Icon
bolt.png (947 Bytes) Viewed 4417 times

slide4.png
Button Event

I then opened up the slide events and removed the default PLAY event since this is what makes the Viewlet move to the next slide
after you hit submit.

I then added an event to Display Object / Navigation button from the dropdown list. You will see that this happens after the note is
displayed telling you that you got it correct. These events happen in sequence, so you can have it do whatever you want.

slide2.png
OnCorrect Event

I also setup the OnIncorrect / Last Attempt to Display the same Navigation object that I used for the OnCorrect

slide3.png
OnIncorrect Event

I also reduced the default number of attempt to 1 instead of 3 since you only need 1 choice

score.png
Score

Hope this helps

James

User

Postby beren » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Excellent! I got it working, but I had to do something a bit different. For the On Incorrect event I had to have the button display object action first, then the answer display object action, and then a pause viewlet command to get it working.

Now it works great! Thanks!

beren

Return to Discussions