Register

Quiz Logons

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Quiz Logons

Postby PKPS » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:36 pm

I am trying to find a way to administer a survey to 30 primary school students. This survey is on bullying. I am trying to find a way to validate the users who logon. I need to make sure that all 30 students take the survey, and that they can be identified.

The only way i could think of was to have the opening screen start as a

Short Answer - Selection from List
(and have all thirty names as correct, student just selects their name, but this does not stop students using other students names)

Short Answer - Fill in the blank

Is there a way to input a list of student names and passwords, so that when they use the first slide, they can only be admitted when username and password match?

Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:58 pm

Hi,

There isn't a way to load in usernames/passwords...but you can turn on the LOGIN/PASSWORD option in ViewletQuiz and provide them with the password. You would then go into Language and change the LOGIN label to Enter Name or Student ID, etc...then use email reporting or ViewletCentral to connect the results.

User

Postby khewss » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:23 pm

I use the same login feature as mentioned by James too.
Also, I realise that "reserving" a specific username and password is not possible using VQ, or any software for that matter, because, in my case, as a school generates a common IP address, there's NO WAY an individual student can be identified (can probably only identify which one school the students were from!).
My workaround to this is to use the "low tech" way of specifying to the students that they are to use their names as in their class list when logging on. Since it's only 30 students you have, it won't be too difficult to administer that all 30 students did log in to take the survey and you should be able to see the duplicates in names or those that try to use "avatar names" instead, where a manual check on the class list would reveal who that student should be! :?
As I said, it's low tech way! :D

User

Re: Quiz Logons

Postby stevenfoo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:14 am

I just tried a trial version of viewletbuilder6 pro and created a test slide and quiz. I have registered an ViewletCentrel account.

Question:

1) I activated the Require Viewer to logon in the Project Propeties => Viewlet Options, however when I tried to preview it in the browser it only ask for username. The Login and Password field is missing.

2) If we published the quiz to our locally web server, is there a way to setup that after user click submit, it will automatically send the quiz to ViewletCentral Online or Corporate version. We want it this way so that user see it as transparent and without the hassle to have another account in the ViewletCentral.

3) Are there any other way to collect user information into ViewletCentral from the quiz without using or creating any user account?
I tested one quiz without required logon, however it shows the viewer IP address only. In this case we dont' know who is that employee. We want to be to capture basic employee number, name and department information and show that in the Viewlet Reporting.

4) In the Viewlet Central, will there be any other analysis reporting. The online version 1.8 x71 does not seems to have much reporting option.

5) How to pulisbhed the quiz to a LMS server like moodle? Is it workable?

Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:47 am

Steven,

1) I activated the Require Viewer to logon in the Project Propeties => Viewlet Options, however when I tried to preview it in the browser it only ask for username. The Login and Password field is missing.

You need to also check the Viewlet Password checkbox

pwd.png

2) If we published the quiz to our locally web server, is there a way to setup that after user click submit, it will automatically send the quiz to ViewletCentral Online or Corporate version. We want it this way so that user see it as transparent and without the hassle to have another account in the ViewletCentral.

The only way the results will record in Qarbon hosted or Self-Hosted ViewletCentral is if its published and launched from the software. Your best bet would be to purchase a self-hosted server that you could control locally/internally within your organization.

3) Are there any other way to collect user information into ViewletCentral from the quiz without using or creating any user account?
I tested one quiz without required logon, however it shows the viewer IP address only. In this case we dont' know who is that employee. We want to be to capture basic employee number, name and department information and show that in the Viewlet Reporting.

Yes. This is what the Require users to Login panel does. If this is turned off then we collect IP address by default. When this is enabled we post that information to that field (Viewer). You can also change the Language of that prompt in Project Properties>Language

lang.png

4) In the Viewlet Central, will there be any other analysis reporting. The online version 1.8 x71 does not seems to have much reporting option.

There are several places to review and extract the data. The question type will also determine if a graph is displayed too. Please let me know what you were looking
for exactly so I can provide navigation instructions. ViewletCentral is not 'heavy' on reports but we give you the ability to extract the data to CSV to analyze.

vcl1.png

vcl2.png

vcl3.png

5) How to publish the quiz to a LMS server like moodle? Is it workable?

You would want to compile to SCORM 1.2 or 2004. To do this you would choose a local folder as your publishing destination and a set of reporting options
will show up in a dropdown.

scorm.png

James

User

Postby stevenfoo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:22 am

Are there any possibility to customize that additional employee information like name is enter during the first page ?

Current there is only one field.

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:14 am

The Login prompt is only 1 field. You can collect additional information on Slide 1 if you want using the Multiple Choice - Multiple Answer - Fill in the Blank - Survey question type

User

Postby stevenfoo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:36 am

Seriously Qarbon should be thinking of customer request on this area. At least some change to make it better.
Optional information could be customized during the very first page makes a long of different. And this information can be capture into database as well.

Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:47 am

Steven,

This is planned for future releases which we are working on. This isn't something we can change overnight.

So this won't work? It allows for unlimited entry and stores in the DB

regform.png

screenshot7986.png

James

User

Postby stevenfoo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:45 am

James,

I am looking for customize grading and to be able to display them as report. I can't find this in the ViewletCentral.

Could we request for such feature to be made available in VIewletCentral?

Also for assessment purpose, there should be a security feature whereby employee need to login and take the request. In this way cheating is lessen.

Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Return to Discussions