Register

Diagrams

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Diagrams

Postby PKPS » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:01 am

Trying work out how to do this in Viewlet Quiz 2.
Say you have labelled diagram with five labels placed around the outside of the diagram. They are joined to the diagram by lines. We want to remove the actual labels, and place answer boxes there instead.

We are half way there by: Setting the digram as a stretched background image, we have managed to place Multiple Choice Question boxes at the end of the lines. When pressing the submit button, the Viewlet, will only accept ALL correct answers. If 4 out of 5 answers are correct, it still only shows as (Try again, your answer was incomplete), then resets to deault. We want to leave the correct answers and just leave the wrong ones ready for input.

Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:08 am

You are using the Multiple Choice Multiple Answer question type?

User

Diagram

Postby PKPS » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:31 am

I tried too, i somehow think that M/Choice questions are not the best to do this.

Jessica

RE: Labeled Diagram

Postby Jessica » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:47 pm

I may need more clarification but it sounds like you would like to be able to have ViewletQuiz accept a "Partial" answer verses only accept ALL right answers in order to move forward.

With ViewletQuiz, and setting up a multiple choice multiple answers question type, you must select all answers that are correct in order to "pass" the question and move forward to the next question. For example, if a question is worth 3 points and 3 out of 5 choices are correct you must select all 3 in order to get points for that question. If you answer 2, you'll get an incomplete, and based on how many attempts they get, if you don't select all correct answers you will get no points for that question.

At this time ViewletQuiz does not accept partial answers and does not have a weight for each individual choice which is required in order for this to happen.

If I misunderstand or you have further questions let me know.

User

Diagrams

Postby PKPS » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:01 am

Yes'ish

If there are five M/C questions on a page, and i click submit i understand that if any answers are wrong, the page will not move on.

What i am trying to stop is, if 3/5 on the answers are right on the first use of the SUBMIT, the answers go back to an empty box. I would like the 3 answers that are correct to stay on the page, with the student then answering the last 2 questions.

Students get frustrated if the 5 questions keep resetting to blank if only 1 answer is wrong.

Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:20 pm

PKPS,

I'm sorry, but we don't have a feature like this in VQuiz at this time. We are evaluating the features for the next release and we can add this to the list.

Jay

User

Postby june » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:51 am

Jay wrote:You are using the Multiple Choice Multiple Answer question type?

You called Jay?Where are you come from?Are you Chinese?Because i heard an Chinese superstar who named Jay.

Return to Discussions