Register

Why does this viewlet not work

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Why does this viewlet not work

Postby PKPS » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:54 am

I have been using Viewlet Quiz for a few years now.

I am using version 2.0.12.

Each year i upload a survey for students to complete.

This year i uploaded the survey with minor typo corrections to the viewlet content.

The viewlet will not play in IE 6,7,8 - Firefox 3.6.3 on windows machine. Neither will it play on an Apple using Firefox. Other flash based content plays on either browser.

I have included the viewlet location.

http://www.viewletcentral.com/vc/viewlet/163417341/

Any suggestions?

Site Admin

Re: Why does this viewlet not work

Postby James » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:52 am

Hello,

The issue was clear once I looked at the HTML source for the Viewlet. The published HTML frame that is being used is from a newer version of ViewletQuiz or ViewletBuilder since they share the same files. Most likely you downloaded and opened a newer version which updated the default files needed for version 2 to work properly.

The solution would be to open your My Documents folder and delete or rename the My Viewlet Assets Library and then reopen ViewletQuiz 2. This will force the application to rebuild this source library.

When you republish it should work.

The latest version is 2.0.15 x1241 which is a free update for you.

James

User

Postby PKPS » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:06 am

Thx

That worked a treat.

If i upgrade to version 3, can i still edit and publish a version 2 viewlet without flash or frame based issues.

Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 am

Each time you open a newer version of the software, any updates or additional that we made to resource files are updated. The problem was you were using Vquiz3 resources in VQuiz2 and there were many changes.

The only problem happens when you open a newer version and then use the old version.

We are going to change this for VQuiz4 and VBuilder7 so these resource issues won't exist anymore.

When in doubt, you can delete or rename that Assets folder to reset it. We always rebuild it when you open the product in case it's not there.

James

Return to Discussions