Register

Forcing a response before continuing with questions

Questions regarding the authoring of Viewlets, installation or possible bugs with our products. For urgent issues, please use our support form on our website: http://www.qarbon.com/help/helpme.php
User

Forcing a response before continuing with questions

Postby rick2428 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:25 am

Hi there,

I have a few questions at the beginning of my quiz - name, email and 2 other elements that help identify a user in our reports. Because these don't have a "correct" answer - I have them as open text input fields. I have each of those slides set to "repeat" if nothing is input and the user clicks on the OK button - but it is not working. I can leave each of those fields blank and go on to the next question. How do I force some sort of input for each of those?

Site Admin

Re: Forcing a response before continuing with questions

Postby James » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:36 am

Rick,

Are they Quiz or Survey questions? I would make sure you are using the Survey version of the question type.

James

User

Postby rick2428 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 am

Hi James,
I've tried it as both a survey and a question - I can get past both of them without entering any info. I want it to stay on that slide until they enter something.
Thanks.
R

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:04 pm

Rick,

Just remove the default PLAY action from the On Incomplete event and it will stay put.

Not answering is considered InComplete. You can also use the Simple skin which doesn't have
navigation buttons to allow them to skip the slide too.

incomplete.png

simple.png

James

User

Postby rick2428 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Thanks James - tried those 2 things and I can still get past this screen by clicking the Submit button.

Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:28 pm

Rick,

Just remove the SUBMIT button and use the AUTO Submit Key option you can setup when you double-click on the entry field.
This submit option will auto-enter once text it typed and there is a pause after (usually meaning you are finished)

auto.png

http://www.viewletcentral.com/vc/viewlet/577116437/

James

Return to Discussions